Just yesterday I was nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” by Arlen Shahverdyan and since this is the first time I’ve been nominated for something like this in the blogging world, I’m not really sure of how to go about writing this post. So forgive me if I ramble.
Firstly I’d like to thank Arlen Shahverdyan’s Blog for being inspirational and unique. I think it completely deserves this award, and I’m not sure my blog deserves it. I’ve come to learn a great many things from his blog – such as more about his beautiful country Armenia as well as some interesting thoughts about life on this planet and the rights of every creature on it. Arlen is in the process of writing a book and I wish him all the best for that. Please do check out his wonderful blog and support him. I assure you that it’s a very inspirational blog, even for non-Armenians.
1. So according to the rules, I have to link back to the person who nominated me.
Thank you Arlen, for considering me worthy of this award. I admire your humanity and compassion and I wish you success for your future endeavours.
2. Post the award image to your page. Done.
If I have to put this image at the side of my blog so that is it visible forever, then that’s pending.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself.
This is kind of a tough one, but here goes:
- I actually have vivid dreams about visiting countries I’ve never gone to. And I don’t mean this in the way people say “I dream of peace”… “this is my childhood dream”. I actually mean that I see myself visiting different countries in my sleep. Kind of weird I suppose.
- I have an extremely soft corner for animals. I’ve cried for cats, dogs, cows, tigers, and yes, even mice. But I have to admit that I don’t really know how to handle animals all the time – but I love them immensely all the same.
- During a normal week, I crave for more than 3 kinds of international cuisine.
- One thing that irks me immensely is xenophobia and disrespect towards different countries and cultures.
- The strangest thing I’ve ever done is writing with a quill I made out of some bird’s feather. I used it for 3 examinations. No comments on what people thought of me.
- I wish to learn how to play some musical instrument. A day of strumming a guitar cannot be considered musical education.
- I’m a film fanatic and I absolutely love well-made animated films (including anime), Iranian films, old English films, and a host of other films. This is not an exhaustive list.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs and inform them about it.
I especially hate having to be discriminating when it comes to this, because I know I’ve missed out so many awesome blogs. However, here’s my list of some great ones. That doesn’t mean I don’t love other blogs. It’s just because I had to pick 15 great ones.
Once again, I’m not sure I deserve this, but meeting fellow bloggers out there has been a very interesting and educational journey. Thank you so very much! I’m humbled.